How to Apply
Participation in Leadership West Virginia is determined by a competitive application process with the number of applicants exceeding the number of available openings. A selection committee of members of the board of directors reviews all Leadership West Virginia applications. The committee is particularly interested in the extent to which the applicant has been involved in his/her community and in the applicant’s interest in continuing and/or expanding involvement at home and on a broader scale.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated history of:
- Positions with a company or an organization which show a progression toward leadership or management.
- Significant achievement or accomplishments in career or community service.
- Status or position with company or organization.
- Work experience or other experience indicative of involvement in one or more areas of business, community, civic or government service.
- Sincere concern about the future of West Virginia and a personal commitment to help shape its future.
- Additional consideration will be given to senior level leaders of organizations and graduates of local-based leadership programs.
Who Do We Accept?
Leadership West Virginia also seeks to have class diversity among all ethnic groups, ages, genders, professions, backgrounds and geographic areas of the state.
Nomination Forms for the next class may be submitted at any time. Those interested in applying are not required to have a third party nomination; self-nominations are encouraged.
Nominations are currently closed.
What To Expect When Accepted
If accepted into the Leadership West Virginia Program, you will be billed for the tuition fee of $3,000. The fee covers costs for all required program events excluding lodging, transportation, and meals enroute. Tuition is non-refundable.